TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Processing of personal data
Skellefteå Science City AB collects and stores the following information about you: contact information, gender, your occupation and/or education, associated companies as well as health information that you provide freely to us (food preferences, allergies). We also store communication as well as participation in events organized by Skellefteå Science City and event images where participants may be visible.
The information you will receive depends on how we categorize your customer type (depending on project). We use the personal and health data we collect for business development, communication, marketing and lobbying purposes, including:
- To send you newsletters, surveys and information about opportunities in this region (legitimate interest)
- To send you invitations to business related events, training programmes and lectures that we arrange. (legitimate interest)
- To maintain our list of contacts (legitimate interest).
- Catering suitable food for you on our events (consent)
- To support you and/or your company's growth and development (consent).
- To inform about what is happening in Skellefteå and within our field of expertise. (legitimate interest)
2. How do you collect my data
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us, for example when you communicate with us via email or other channels, when you visit our website, when you sign up for or ask us to send you newsletters and when you sign up for an event.
In some cases, your personal data have been supplemented by public information retrieved from other sources, including searches via available search engines, sector-specific newsletters, social media and your employer’s website, for the purpose of confirming your current professional position.
3. Sharing your personal data
We do not sell, hire out, distribute or otherwise make your personal data available to any third party with the following exceptions:
- Third party services for storage of personal data (CRM system)
- Social media (the data is stored on their servers)
- Google G-suite and Analytics
- Project personnel employed by other then Science City Skellefteå AB and procured consultants.
- Project financiers.
In our projects we need to report our work to our financiers (Tillväxtverket, European Union etc.). When reporting they may get access to event pictures and information about how many individuals attended our events. If it is an event aimed at our member companies we also have to report how many individuals from each of the companies attended.
We do not share individual names with our financiers however, only numbers.
3.1 Third party storage
Skellefteå Science City might also use a service for a third party to collect and store your personal data as well as share your personal data with a third party in a non-EU country.
The processing of your personal data may therefore be regulated by data protection legislation that differs from the legislation in your country.
Personal data collected within the European Union can, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside the European Union. In such cases, Skellefteå Science City will ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable data protection laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical and organizational measures are taken, such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
4. Storage and deletion of my personal data.
We save your data until your contact information is invalid or until you request deletion of your data for the sake of communication, as well as for legitimate and business purposes.
You have the right to know what personal data we process about you and may request a copy.
You can at any time request:
- registry extraction (the right to inform about, and request access to, the personal data we process about you,)
- correction (you right to change or update your personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete)
- deletion (your right to have your personal data deleted)
- restriction (the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data)
- data portability (the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transfer this personal data for use in another party's service.
You have the right to unsubscribe from our communications at any time without this affecting you negatively.
5. Protection of your personal data.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have implemented technical solutions to safeguard them. We have also implemented policies to ensure how and who has access to your personal data and that these have been trained in how personal data should be handled.
When we make significant changes to this Policy, we will notify you by sending you an email.
7. Get in contact
The information you provide will be handled by Skellefteå Science City AB (controller). All questions and concerns will be handled by Skellefteå Science City AB.
Skellefteå Science City AB
931 77 Skellefteå
Anna Mård, CEO